Sorry, the Forum is closed :(

Unfortunately, the forum is now closed.

Please read the following post for further details.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
The SharpDX team.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about speeding up image processing

Question about speeding up image processing 2 years 1 week ago #1176

• Simon
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a question on about how to speed up transfering an Image to the GPU. The Problem is, that the initialization of a Texture2D is relatively slow, because the hole Image has to be transfered to the GPU. But there must be a way to speed this process up significantly, because if I Play a Video every Image of the Video must be transfered to the Gpu, and this in real time. So how can I make the Transfer faster?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question about speeding up image processing 2 years 1 week ago #1177

• Jeremie
  • Junior Boarder
I'm not sure if it's really sharpDX related. But my guess is you should not use texture a video api to do that kind of job. Fro example directShow. Never used it but I guess that should do the trick.

Re: Question about speeding up image processing 2 years 1 week ago #1178

• Fadi
  • Senior Boarder
Avoid recreating video frame texture for every frame by creating the video texture once, then update its content for each video frame, I'm not sure but I feel this may speed up texture data uploading to GPU.
Also, updating video frame texture should be scheduled according to video frame rate. for instance, if your video is 25fps, then you need to update video frame texture once every 40ms (1000ms/25). not for every rendering frame.

Re: Question about speeding up image processing 2 years 3 days ago #1212

• Simon
  • Fresh Boarder
Perhaps could anyone make an short example about the Video Frame texture? Or is there a way transfering the Image to the gpu with, for example, OpenCL? And can DirectShow manipulate Images? I found nothing specific about that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds